Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

It's Conference Once Again

I love President Monson. I love the stories he tells and the way the light of Christ shines from his eyes. He truly is our prophet.

I talk about the opening message of conference for one reason...

"May I suggest that if you are able, you might consider making a contribution to the General Missionary Fund of the Church."

I know this stood out because my parents are serving a mission. We have already heard about missionaries who have given everything they have to pay for their mission and it is less than $20 a month. The sacrifices people are willing to make to serve the Lord is amazing. We take so much for granted sometimes. We can really learn a lot from these brothers and sisters who have such great faith.

After reading this I immediately told my husband we needed to follow this counsel. He quickly replied that he already had! After hearing President Monson's message he wrote a check for the missionary fund, and says he plans to continue doing so.
{I sure married a great guy!}

No comments:

Post a Comment