Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

THE BEST Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls Ever!

Believe me when I say I have spent YEARS trying to come up with something gluten free that even remotely looked like a real cinnamon roll.  All my attempts were dismal failures.  Just last month I was introduced to this recipe.  I thought I could make it into a cinnamon roll cake or something.  Imagine my SHOCK when I actually got this:


Actual dough that I could roll out and turn into a cinnamon roll!?!?  I was so excited!


It was so yummy! I'm still in shock!



I followed this recipe from Our Best Bites.  Pictured is the Orange Rolls.

Here is what I did to make them Gluten Free:

The only change I made to the actual recipe is the flour.  I substituted the flour with a gluten free rice flour mix.  Otherwise I did as I was told!  Then to roll them out I put the dough on a silpat baking mat and flattened it out with my hands.  I then placed a sheet of plastic wrap on top and used my rolling pin to roll it out to the size of the silpat mat.  Top as desired.  Gently and very carefully use the silpat to help roll the dough up starting from one of the short sides.  Your patience with this will definitely be rewarded!  Cut into 8 rolls and bake as directed.

I've made these a ton and every time I am not disappointed!  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment