Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mini Pies

A while ago my mom bought me these mini pie molds. I think she likes getting me new kitchen gadgets to see what I'll come up with! We finally gave them a try. I bought already made pie crust from the store for those that can eat gluten and then had to make some gluten free pie crust for those who can't. {I am now a believer in store bought pie crust! So much easier! Too bad they don't make a gluten free one!}

So we first rolled out the dough. And cut out the shape with the mold. This is the wheat one, gluten free pie crust has to be rolled out between two sheets of plastic wrap.

Then place the cut out on one side of the mold and fill. We used blueberry pie filling. Love it! Then you have to brush an egg wash around the edges to help seal the pie filling in.

Place the other cut out on top and squish the mold together to get that nice crimped edge.

Place on a cookie sheet, brush with more egg wash, and bake. I think I sprinkled them with a little sugar too.

Oh my! They were delicious! I hadn't had blueberry pie in a long time!

This is one of the GF ones. They turned out so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment