Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Absent Minded Reason #1

I was cutting fabric to make pj pants for my family for Christmas. I had 8 yards of fabric to wrestle with. I thought it would be a good idea to fold it different from how it came off the bolt from the store. It was easier to deal with that way.

I pinned down the pattern pieces, got halfway through my first cut and realized the trees were upside down. This is not the first time I have screwed up directional fabric. Fortunately I could still correct my mistake.

I repinned all the pattern pieces making sure the trees were all going in the right direction and began again to cut them out. When I was almost done, one of the pieces I had already cut out got turned over for some reason. I stopped... looked at it... and then I realized...

THE TREES WERE UPSIDE DOWN!

On one side of my fabric the trees were right side up, on the other side the trees were upside down. This was definitely one of those times where my absent minded nature got in the way. I should have folded the fabric the way it comes from the store off the bolt, regardless of how annoying it was. If I'm right the trees on one leg of the pj pants will be right side up, and the trees on the other leg will be upside down.

Well... at least we will all be matching!

Can you see the difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment